A note about "Tone":
Guitarists are always seeking the perfect "Tone". Tone is completely subjective and, along with phrasing and fingering technique, is what makes each guitarist unique.
In the quest for Tone, guitarists constantly change their gear until they find the guitar, amp and effect that.
Of course, many guitarists become "addicted" to accumulating guitars and gear. In 2003 my friend Gopal bought a new Epiphone LesPaul because his vintage Epiphone "Strat" wasn't working ... here is what he has "aquired" since then:
- 1973 - 1973 LesPaul Deluxe (the "Deluxe" in Bluesman Deluxe).
- 2006 - 1965 Hagstrom II (transitional model).
- 2006 - 2004 Ibanez SZ520 set-neck w/solid mahogany body.
- 1980 - Roland Cube 60 (original owner) traded a 1970 100w Marshall head for it ... idiot!)
- 1999 - 1993 Fender Blues Deville (used - tweed w/4 x 10s).
FX & Pedals:
- Digitech RP150 AMP/FX Modeling Processor
- Korg Ampworks Amp Modeling Processor
- 1974 - THomas Organ Cry-Baby (patent pending - original owner)
- Ibanez Flanger
- Cakewalk Sonar 4 Producer Ed.
- Acid 4 Pro
- Sound Forge 8.0
- Waves Diamond collection